A few years back I got really into making my own cards. Like really into making cards. I jumped head first into my new hobby by buying fancy tools and tons of stamps and so so so much paper. I made cards for everyone I knew for every occasion. And although my supplies haven’t been getting as much attention lately, I do get the urge to create now and again – that desire along with a constant need to declutter my paper stash led to the creation of these fun scrappy cards. I’ve included some basic instructions below but as you’ll see from the photo, you can really play around with the basic method to make this project your own.
- Scrapbook paper and card stock
- Small sentiment stamps and ink (optional)
- Scissors and or a paper cutter
- Tape and glue
- Various sizes of circle punches (you can experiment with other shapes too)
- Start by cutting and folding a base for your card using card stock. These ones are 4″x6″ so the unfolded piece is 8″x6″.
- Pick a corresponding piece of card stock to use as the punch piece and use your circle punches to make circles in various spots on the paper.
- Affix pieces of scrap paper to the back of the punched piece of card stock to fill the circles. You can do this using tape or glue – just be sure to keep checking in on what it looks like from the front to make sure you are happy with the outcome.
- And lastly, glue or tape the whole piece down onto the card base.